A new and effective tool for physical therapy!
If You are currently working with children, both young and older, and Your work includes such areas as:
- Speech therapy,
- Sensory integration,
- Oligophrenic pedagogy,
- Special Education,
- Other similar treatment options for young patients,
we would like to show something new and perhaps innovative for Your work!
It has been known for a long time that during therapy children react on different procedures and exercises in a completely different way than adults.
Often, some of the procedures for children are simply inexplicable. In this case, an appropriate approach and appropriate equipment is required, which will cause trust and interest of the child, allowing to continue exercises. At any stage of the activities a child should not feel that therapy is a tedious duty associated with unpleasant feelings. A much better effect of treatment can be achieved when for the child this therapy is associated with fun and joy!
With great pride and pleasure we’d like to introduce You our Magnetic Blocks JollyHeap®!
How You can use Magnetic Blocks JollyHeap® during therapy
- Cannot hide, that Magnetic Blocks JollyHeap® were created primarily with the idea to give our children wonderful educational fun. To our surprise, after several consultations with physiotherapists, it turned out that they can serve as a phenomenal tool for physiotherapy, with multi-level children’s motor skills’ support at various stages of their lives.
- Using Magnetic Blocks JollyHeap® therapist obtains a device for training both large and small motor skills
- In case of hand’s therapy our Magnetic Blocks JollyHeap® transform into a multidimensional hand training set for almost all kinds of grip! You can start the game (and the therapy at the same time) with one element, and then move it to the larger chain of connections – just increase the size of the blocks by combining them into different shapes!
- Our Magnetic Blocks JollyHeap® are very mobile – they can be easily moved from room to room, and after the end of the therapy, for example, can be put under the wall. Also, each rehabilitation specialist can effortlessly transport them by car to his young patients for conducting home therapy sessions, and build quickly any device : a roller, a slide, a dumbbell, a maze, a stair, a mattress, etc. Thanks to this, the child, playing carefree, will not even realize that he is undergoing a rehabilitation!
- JollyHeap® Magnetic Blocks (thanks to very powerful built-in magnets) provide high strength to the built structures, even in the case of rehabilitation of older children with heavier weight!
- These building blocks are ideal for young patients with disabilities, developmental disabilities, dyslexia, learning difficulties in reading or problems with concentration!
- Magnetic Blocks JollyHeap® are especially recommended for children with autism and Asperger’s syndrome. Special sets of JollyHeap blocks are used in the offices of psychologists, teachers, therapists. These carefully designed cubes serve patients for creating fairy stories, designed to soften the description of their traumatic events or help them to cope with the stressful situations. Building blocks’ therapy helps children with autism to develop social skills (a particularly sensitive zone in their case). Children learn to work together, to notice another person and to communicate!
Please, see the reviews of our Customers
I’ve been doing physical therapy for children with specialization on diagnosis and treatment of posture defects. You can often find me on different fairs and events, related to healthcare and child’s health as a diagnostician and consultant. During my career, I’ve examined postures and feet of thousands of children. Being in the world of shoes, toys and gadgets for kids, I have the opportunity to track and test goods for the little ones from the point of view of security and support of children’s healthy development.
Also, I’m a co-founder of the Fund Mam po Moc (Must Help), which the main goal is to organize a joint pastime and leisure for children with special needs and able-bodied children. Our Fund opens the first family children’s integration club-cafe in Wroclaw.
Searching for safe toy, to be used by each child, also with a disability, I’ve found magnetic blocks JollyHeap. I am very satisfied with them, because, using them, children cooperate well with each other and learn how to help other children with lower abilities and with the same enthusiasm create figures of magnetic blocks. It quickly became clear that the magnetic blocks are well proven as a multifunctional tool for physical therapy. Physiotherapy for children is a hard work, so, as a stimulus for the exercises, non-standard items are often used, beginning from soft toys, small car models and blocks to skateboards. During each visit children react with great enthusiasm on JollyHeap magnetic blocks, and training process ,full of challenges, is considered to be a funny entertainment.
With the biggest pleasure I use magnetic blocks during therapy of children with intellectual disabilities, since the magnetic blocks are pleasant to touch and soft, children do not have any fears about them. I use them as a bed, table for physiotherapy, obstacle course, paths for balance training, coordination stairs, slides and slopes, dumbbells, steppers of different heights, and even as a roller. The child can be involved in all these arrangements because building figures of magnetic blocks JollyHeap is in itself develops sensory integration, coordination, concentration and attention of the child.
I recommend JollyHeap for each children’s physiotherapy cabinet . They have great design, easy to clean and can substitute equipment for physiotherapy.
Fizjoterapeuta, Fundacja MamPomoc z Wrocławia
Both the home for children with different types of dysfunction and any therapeutic center requires equipment that, on the one hand, would allow us to perform our educational and therapeutic tasks, on the other – would allow to realize the maximum potential of the child, and at the same time would be least associated with the process of therapy and training.
The magnetic blocks JollyHeap, due to their simple form and universal shapes, as well as the incredible ease of connection and disconnection allow unlimited in time and space to change the place for work, therapy, rest and fun – the whole environment of the child.
Due to the possibility of forming all kinds of planes, sizes and shapes of structures built of these blocks, we can adapt them to individual limitations and dysfunctions of the child, so that he could make the best use of his potential.
An exceptional advantage is that the child, even without special skills of movement coordination, organization and technical skills, together with a teacher or therapist can actively participate in the organization of space for play, learning and therapy.
The specificity of the blocks and the simplicity of their connection in an endless number of variations, allows the game to be the therapy, and the therapy to be the game.
The child creates its own environment, can analyze his capabilities, limitations, assesses by himself his abilities and needs. Often, his ideas and the way of building a space around himself, serve as an inspiration for parents, teachers and therapists.
The use of such mobile, and, at the same time, easy to connect elements allows You to form and improve such qualities as the organization and coordination of movements, inventing and planning of several options for own activity and its conditions. This allows You to release and develop the child’s creativity in general and in particular. Certainly under condition of full control by adults at the time of activity
For what kind of children would be useful to use such an equipment?
Due to its universal nature, ease of use, form and texture, we can use JollyHeap blocks not only with healthy children, but also with those who have presented a variety of dysfunctions.
It is almost impossible to find restrictions for their application.
They can serve as an ideal mat for children with excessive response to sensory stimulation and other feelings.
Here there are plenty of possibilities. It can be a bed, a chair, a tabletop, all sorts of oblique and complex planes, due to which we can extinguish some non-functional reaction of the child, stimulating at the same time, its spontaneous activity of both common and exact.
They can become a material for the creation of spatial structures, developing and improving all kinds of abilities of the child in this area: planning, organization of movement, coordination and accuracy, evaluation and easy correction of their own actions, perception and evaluation of space, awareness of the position and movement of their body.
Ideal for individual work, providing the opportunity to assist and manage the actions of the child, with the possibility to change the range and direction of his attention and the nature of his activities – from the most dynamic and unorganized, and later, to organized and planned.
Ideal for teamwork, allowing You to organize the planned work in a group, logically and, seemingly accidentally managing it, providing the opportunity to customize the level of difficulty of the game or the elements of therapy to the level of skills, concentration, coordination and attention of each child individually, even if in the same group their capabilities and skills are represented on different levels.
Much depends on the professional training and ingenuity of teachers and therapists. It’s JollyHeap blocks, but not the child we adjust, in the full sense of the word, to its needs, in principle, during any of the activity– from leisure to work and entertainment.
The physical therapist, the author of the event,
books and films from the series:
“Mom, Dad, what do You say to that?”